Top 5 Dental Tips For A Healthy Mouth And Beautiful Smile
1. Visit Your Dentist Regularly. This is one of the most important things that you can do to help keep your mouth healthy. By having regular dental check-ups, you will catch problems such as decay, gum disease, trauma, or oral cancer at an early stage when it is more easily treatable as well as more affordable because it requires less treatment to remedy.
2. Make Cleaning Your Teeth A Habit. You should brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes each time in addition to daily flossing. As well as putting in the time, you need to make sure that you are using effective brushing and flossing techniques. Thorough and proper cleaning of your teeth and gums is essential for good oral health, but it can also have important benefits for your overall health as poor oral hygiene has been linked to heart disease and other serious medical conditions. Our dentists and hygienists will review oral health and hygiene techniques with you.
3. Ditch The Fizzy Drinks. When consumed regularly, the acid in fizzy drinks eats away at the surface of your teeth. If you are constantly exposing your teeth to fizzy drinks, this will ultimately soften the enamel on your teeth and make your teeth more susceptible to decay. Try drinking water instead.
4. Cut Out The Sugar. Constant grazing of sugary foods and drinks throughout the day is one of the primary causes of tooth decay. It fuels the bacteria and acidity in your mouth causing increased plaque formation which if left unchecked will erode your tooth enamel and gums. Limit your consumption of sugary treats to mealtimes and always ensure that you brush your teeth at the beginning and end of each day.
5. Quit Smoking. Not only is smoking bad for your lungs, it is also very bad for the health of your mouth. Smoking stains your teeth yellow, harms your gum tissues, affects the bone structure that supports your teeth increasing the likelihood of tooth loss, and is the leading cause of oral cancer. Your doctor will be able to give you support in making this incredibly important lifestyle change.